Monday, 24 June 2013

Jason Colavito on Ibn Farrukh

Yesterday, Jason Colavito posted a brilliant article contesting a claim that an Arab navigator made his way to America in 999 CE.  The claim had made its way to Wikipedia, and has cropped up elsewhere.  Colavito's takedown is excellent, and I recommend reading it.

Check out the rest of Colavito's website, as well.  There's really no reason for anyone else to go about debunking Ancient Aliens when Colavito has already done the hard work for us.

2 comments:

  1. Have you read Jason's blogs on Pinker? Be interested to know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I haven't. I know him as the Ancient Aliens debunker and Skeptic magazine writer, and I hadn't thought of him as someone to turn to about Pinker. Care to link me up? :)

    ReplyDelete

You can post anonymously if you really want to, but I would appreciate it if you could provide some means of identifying who you are, if only for the purpose of knowing who has written what.